Sunday, August 21, 2011

My final 2 year check up!

So I just realized I never posted an update on my 2 check checkup! I apologize for that! I just got busy with this back to school craziness and forgot!


I went in for my repeat blood work and everything looks great! My HGB is great, my RBC and WBC are also great. My platelets not only came up but surpassed what they were before they dropped. All in all everything looks amazing! The explanation for this is that everyone has platelets and blood counts that fluctuate. Mine were a concern because they dropped below normal again. This happened because after all this time my platelets had just reached the low end of normal. Anyway all is good but we just had to be careful and check!

Even better news is this marks my 2 year anniversary with AML and the 2 year anniversary of being in remission. What this means is that my chance of relapse just dropped dramatically. Even more good news for me, I only have to go in every 3 months for a check up. That is pretty much just blood work and talking with the doc. I am so excited I can't stand it! So here ya go AML...


~Take that AML... Still kicking ass~




No comments:

Post a Comment