Tuesday, April 19, 2011

So proud of my lil man

Last Friday Mark John and I went to dinner with my friend August and her 2 girls Alex and Hailey. Hailey just so happens to be Mark John's girlfriend.

as you can see Hai is having to use a crutch and also has a boot on her foot.  Mark John is always good about opening her car door and does it for Alex also. He is really good about helping with moving the seats up and down too. This is something his Daddy has drilled into him since he was just a toddler. You don't drop doors on people and you always hold a door open for a lady. It is disrespectful not too. He is amazing about this! I'm not saying he doesn't occasionally forget but for a 10 year old lil man he is amazing about it! So to get on to my proud evening. We met August at her Mom's and all piled into her car. MJ as usual held the car door and helped Hai and Alex with the seat. We had a bit of a ride and it was beautiful. I have never been out to Oconee since we lived here. It was very cool to see all the lakes, the dam and the even the Nuclear plant. I don't think Mark and Hai quit talking the whole way! We arrived at the restaurant and he helped the girls out of the car and made sure Hai didn't lose her balance on the way in. It was so cute to see all 3 of them holding hands. Alex is younger and doesn't understand the whole holding hands because you like someone. This was very quietly explained to Mark John by August. If you hold one you hold both. Alex doesn't get it! We went on into the restaurant and I noticed how Mark John held out Hailey's chair for her before he sat down..so proud. We all ate and it was so good! I love me some seafood! We talked and chatted and had a great meal! Mark John and Hailey are still talking! LOL So it's time to leave and while we are waiting on August I get out my camera phone. Any of you who know me well know I love pictures! Here are some from that night!

SILLY KIDS!

And some more silly kids!


Silly Alex! I absolutely love how I can't take enough pics of her! She begs me to take more!


Alex doesn't have a whole lot of interest in serious pictures which is how I got this one of just Hai and MJ. I absolutely LOVE this picture! They are so cute! So now we are off to home and with their full bellies the kiddos are very quiet! Alex wants to watch a Barbie movie and even MJ and Hai are quiet. Everyone has a full belly and it is past all of their bedtimes. It's dark and crazy windy now with all the storms moving in. I happen to glance in the backseat and  MJ and Hai are holding hands. So adorable yet so scary! I am not ready for this whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing! Thankfully August isn't either and we both keep a very close eye on things. The thing is if I was picking MJ's girlfriend this is who I would pick! They have so much in common and are best friends! They have so much fun together! We had a great time and I am so proud of the lil man my boy has become and will continue to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment