Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My July 25, 2011 doctors appt.

As if yesterday wasn't stressful enough just being a doctors appt they decided that screwing up my lab order would be fun! I HATE when hey do that!  What happens is they order it as an arm draw instead of a port draw. I have to be drawn from my prt cause I was due for it to be flushed. The poor girl who does it ,Fran, was overloaded already yesterday and this threw her whole day behind. Thankfully, one of the chemo girls was able to come over and access me and get my labs drawn and flushed and get Fran back on track. This girl was awesome! I didn't even feel the needle go in or out! That just doesn't happen! Those of you with a port know exactly what i mean!!  Ok so with the blood results now.... I go back in 2 weeks for some more blood work. The doc promises if it was time to worry she would tell me and that it is not. My platelets (what does the clotting work) dropped from 140 to 126 since my last appt. It is completly normal for these to fluxuate however mine have been consistantly going up so they just want to double check before letting me go months without another visit. My monocytes (what the doc really uses as an indicator of relapse or remission) are perfect. So that is good news. I amtrying not to freak and am doing alright with that. Please just send up prayers and good thoughts that everything is good when I go back in 2 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Sending possative and happy vibes your way plus I will be saying your novena for you I have extreme faith in that novena I believe it helped save u n i believe it will keep u healthy now luv u !!

    ReplyDelete